Lower School Teacher - 5th Grade
Job Location : Sacred Heart Schools Atherton - Atherton, CA
Position Type : Full Time 10 - Month Schedule of Duties
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students' progress.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of elementary school programs.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based in it. Commitment to equity and inclusion.
- A minimum of 5 years as a lead teacher in an independent school environment.
- Strong teaching ability; enjoy working with children.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community.
- Obvious passion for the academic subject matter being taught.
- Willingness to adapt to an existing curriculum as well as contribute ideas to enhance the respective academic programs.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience of any kind in a Sacred Heart school strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Ability to travel safely and comfortably across a 64 acre campus.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled classroom environment.
- Be available to attend and work on overnight trips.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
Salary: Please note that if there is a salary estimate listed for this position, it is being automatically generated from the career website and may not be an accurate reflection on the salary for this position. However, we offer competitive compensation based on years of experience and skills level. This position offers health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
To apply, visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=80126&clientkey=21C19A934F56ECD27A2D47C258FFBC6B
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency