Assistant Professor of Child Development and Family Studies
Job No: 501177
Work Type: Instructional Faculty Tenured/Tenure-Track
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Family/Consumer Sciences
Position: Assistant Professor of Child Development and Family Studies
Effective Date: August 17, 2022 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin September 24, 2021. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
College of Health and Human Services
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Studies, or closely related field. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2022.
- Subject matter experience in: Child Development (developmental processes from conception through adolescence, preschool education and administration, field work in child development, parent education), Early Childhood Studies or closely related field
- Demonstrated potential for teaching at the college level
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities specifically related to applied topics such as race and ethnicity in early childhood education, parent education among racially/ethnically diverse populations, and diversity as it applies to working with children and families
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain contacts with social service and educational agencies working to support children and their families
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Familiarity with current discipline related professional issues and legislation in California and other states
- Postdoc training in child development and/or family studies
- Experience in career and academic advising of undergraduates
- Experience working in and/or conducting research in collaboration with a campus laboratory preschool and infant- toddler center
- Demonstrated potential in program and curriculum development
- Demonstrated potential in obtaining internal and external funding
- Demonstrated potential for leadership in professional organizations related to profession
- Teach courses in, but not limited to guiding young children, environments for infants/toddlers and preschool children, prenatal development and infancy, fieldwork with infants/toddlers and preschool children, and parent education. [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.]
- Advise Child Development and Family Studies students
- Participate as a faculty advisor for student groups
- Participate in curriculum and program development and keep content current
- Serve on theses/directed project committees
- Conduct a consistent program of scholarly research and/or creative activities
- Actively participate in professional organizations
- Actively participate in committee responsibilities at the program, department, college, and university levels
- Responsibilities normally associated with a university teaching position
- Participate on the advisory board for the program, partner institutions, and/or discipline related community or professional organizations
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Wendy Reiboldt, Professor and Department Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-0501
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/501177/assistant-professor-of-child-development-and-family-studies
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency