This ad is expired.
- Adjunct Faculty (Nurse Education, Part-Time Generic Evening Program Lecturer Maternal-Child Nursing)
- Go to our website »
Adjunct Faculty (Nurse Education, Part-Time Generic Evening Program Lecturer Maternal-Child Nursing)
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. Massasoit currently offers 41 associate degree programs in arts, sciences, and applied sciences and 24 certificates. The College also offers non-credit workforce development certificates; corporate training courses; adult basic education; personal enrichment classes; and Early College programs for high school students.
Students of color make up roughly half of all students enrolled and more than half of all Massasoit students are first generation to attend college. More than 900 students graduate from Massasoit with an associate degree or certificate each year.
Brockton, Massachusetts, home of Massasoit's largest campus, prides itself on its diversity of cultures and is home to approximately 95,000 residents. In addition, the college has a campus in Canton, a satellite location in Middleborough, and annually serves students from more than 35 cities and towns in Southeastern Massachusetts. Massasoit is one of the largest community colleges in the state.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
The faculty member will be responsible for teaching selected didactic nursing lectures in Maternal-Newborn Nursing in the part-time Evening Generic Program option for Fall 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The faculty will work as team members on the first year part time Evening Generic Program team..
- Teaching Maternal-Newborn theory
- Exam Construction and Exam reviews
- Adhering to course descriptions and syllabi to ensure course outcomes are met
- Tending to MCC email, offering email accessibility to students
- Attending monthly department/division meetings depending on availability
- Focuses on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functio
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2022. APPLICANTS WISHING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION THEREAFTER.
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Positions may consist of day, night, or weekend positions and may be in Brockton, Canton, Middleborough, or any other instructional site.
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the academic department.
- MSN in nursing is required
- Candidate must hold a current Registered Nurse license in good standing or be eligible to be licensed in the state of Massachusetts
- BCLS certification
- Minimum of two years full-time experience in nursing within the last five years and evidence of competence in the area of clinical instruction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of recent developments in nursing education
- Expertise in Maternal-Newborn Nursing
- Awareness of the sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population
- An understanding of evidence-based teaching strategies to improve student learning with a wide range of instructional systems development, tutoring methods, and techniques for student support and success is critical for this applicant
- Experience with remote or Hybrid learning environments and platforms including Canvas, Zoom, ATI and online testing is preferred.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Position Status: MCCC/MTA position
Supervisor: Associate Dean of Nursing
Semester: Academic Year Fall 2021
Hours: 4 hours/week Tuesdays from 5:00-9:00 PM
Salary: $ 78.46/hour
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
A cover letter and resume are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=133464
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency